Friday, August 14, 2020

Maha Mandi 2020: From Tirunelveli to the World !


This Independence Day

Fill your belly, with Halwa from Tirunelveli!

Every year, the Marketing Interest Group at the National Institute of Industrial Engineering organizes an event called "Maha Mandi", a one of its kind socio-marketing initiative. This year, despite the COVID-19 situation, we the students at NITIE are excited to bring to you all "Maha Mandi 2020" to celebrate the occasion of our Nation's 74th Independence Day with the theme as "Vocal for local" in line with our honorable PM Narendra Modi's call for "Atmarnirbhar Bharat". Through this event, we seek to promote local cultures, local cuisines, and local traditions, and make them popular on a global level.

Before I tell you about the product that I have chosen, I would like to share with you all a little bit about myself. I was born and brought up in Delhi but I am originally from Tirunelveli, a small city in Tamil Nadu. Every year during the summer break,  I make a trip back to Tirunelveli. This place has been really special to me and one thing that I really love about the place is its Halwa. Halwa is a part of everyday life at Tirunelveli and hardly seen as sweet! 

So this Independence day, I want to be about vocal about "Tirunelveli Halwa"!





This blog post would be incomplete without mentioning our beloved Professor T. Prasad sir. He has been a constant source of motivation to us to push our limits and here he is, marching us on. 



4 comments:

Business Communication: SMART Goals

  1st use of Term SMART: The SMART acronym was used by George t. Doran in 1981 for a magazine named as:  there is a smart way to write the m...